Credentialing Pathways: Challenging the Status Quo
Episode Number: 13
The North American economy has a growing skills gap between skills being demanded by employers and those the workforce can provide. Certification boards are uniquely positioned to champion entry into a field of practice, but first must be prepared to challenge their own structures and processes related to eligibility requirements.
This podcast is a thought-provoking call to action for certification bodies to consider how they:
- Can recognize and promote non-traditional routes of entry to a career;
- Might leverage their relationships with educational and other institutions to support upskilling/bridging opportunities for faster entry to practice; and
- Take into account the barriers within one’s credentialing body that prevent change.
- Carla Caro, MA, ICE-CCP, ACT Credentialing & Career Services
- Sandy Greenberg, PhD, ACT Credentialing & Career Services
- Dana Van Laeys, MA Ed, MLS(ASCP)MBCM, CLS, ICE-Credentialing Specialist, National Center for Competency Testing
Credentialing Insights: An I.C.E. Podcast dives into thought-provoking discussions with subject matter experts on the topics that matter most to the credentialing community.
A transcript of this episode of Credentialing Insights: An I.C.E. Podcast is available to download here. Listen on Anchor, and find us and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Google Podcasts.