Published: March 29, 2022
By Tom Warren, Lineup
Playing an active part in the execution of a successful industry event can be both empowering and rewarding. These events provide an opportunity for professionals from all over the world to renew acquaintances, engage in valuable networking, learn about innovations, share insights and experiences, and to get inspired. It is the place where professionals from all over the world who share the same interests and passions can network and learn from each other.
The annual I.C.E. Exchange is one of the leading global events for the credentialing and assessment industry. The event brings together the credentialing community — including credentialing program administrators, test developers and psychometricians, educators, technology companies, consultants and more — by providing a single forum for the sharing of ideas and best practices.
The success of the I.C.E. Exchange is tied directly to the active participation of industry leaders who develop and deliver educational sessions on a wide array of topics of interest in the profession. If you are considering submitting a proposal for a speaking session at the upcoming event but are on the fence, here is a list of reasons why you should speak at this year’s conference:
1. Share your insights with a larger audience.
You are already an expert, having developed meaningful insights and learnings from years in the industry. By sharing what you have experienced and learned, and how you overcame challenges, you will help others in the same situation and will move the industry forward. And since the sessions are collaborative and interactive by design, there is no doubt you will also gain insights from your co-panelists and attendees even though you are the one presenting. The sessions truly are meant to be a communal learning environment.
2. Increase your network.
A business or brand is only as strong as its network. One of the benefits of being a presenter at the I.C.E. Exchange is making better connections with attendees, other speakers and staff. You are able to cement existing relationships with your co-presenters and create a safe and engaging environment to make new connections with those that attend your session — whether it’s during the session itself or during another professional or social interaction elsewhere during the conference.
3. Expand your personal development.
What better way to expand your skillset than to put your knowledge into practice? Public speaking is a fear that an estimated 77% of the population holds, so why not be a part of the other 23%? Many past speakers will tell you that there tend to be initial nerves leading up to the presentation, but that dissipates when they have the support of their co-panelists and the audiences’ engagement.
4. Increase your professional credibility.
Being the best in your profession without industry exposure is like being a talented athlete who only chooses to perform on the practice field. Public speaking at an industry event is a great way to let others know about your skills and talent, and to play a role in advancing the industry at large. Those that have done public speaking will tell you that it is a great way to refine and master the subject matter you present. Through this, you will further increase your professional credibility and confidence, and the experience may serve as an important stepping-stone to additional career opportunities.
5. Grow your business.
Brand awareness can be achieved in many ways, including press, social media and event presence. Being a panelist gives you the opportunity to expose your organization via internal conference announcements and your own marketing online. For example, Lineup gains interest by sharing their team’s sessions and distributes them on social media and in email campaigns.
Becoming a speaker at the I.C.E Exchange is a good experience-builder that is rewarding for all. While we discussed all the benefits you will receive by speaking at the Exchange, it’s also great to consider that you are contributing to a well-rounded, informative conference experience for all attendees.
2022 I.C.E. Exchange Call for Proposals Closing Soon
Proposals for the 2022 I.C.E. Exchange will close on Friday, April 1. Learn more about this year's education tracks and submit your proposal here.