This workshop is designed for strategic decision-makers of certification programs and other senior staff and board members responsible for developing business strategy.
Description Learning Objectives
- Use value dynamics to identify opportunities for creating greater value for credentials.
- Describe the key elements of a certification business model and how they relate to the formulation of business strategy.
- Identify the stages of the Certification Product Lifecycle and the strategies most relevant at each stage.
- Delineate tools and processes which can be used to identify new revenue opportunities and list factors to be considered when deciding whether to pursue these opportunities.
- Identify the unique challenges associated with managing a portfolio of credentials (vs. a single credential).
- Summarize the most common reasons for a faltering certification business, possible strategies for mitigating these circumstances, and exit strategies to implement if problems cannot be resolved.
Date and Location
Monday, October 21
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Member Rate: $375 │Non-member Rate: $450
If you receive ICE emails, you already have an account. Click 'Login to view purchase options' to login or retrieve your password using the "Username and/or Password Help" link at the bottom of the page.
ICE must receive all cancellation and refund requests in writing by Thursday, October 10, 2019. Please email cancellation requests to email@example.com. Substitutions are accepted. All sales are final after Thursday, October 10, 2019.
Lenora Knapp, PhD, President, Knapp & Associates International
Lenora Knapp is the President of Knapp & Associates International, Inc., a management consulting firm that has served the credentialing community for 25 years. The firm’s work is focused on helping organizations maximize the success of their certificate and certification programs. Prior to her employment at Knapp, she worked for management consulting companies in the development of marketing and communication strategies for Fortune 500 companies.
Lenora is the founder of the Knapp Certification Re-Think Tank™, an elite group of industry influencers established to re-think, re-define and completely re-shape the business of certification. She co-authored The Business of Certification, a best-selling association management publication recognized by the American Society of Association Executives as one of “Six Books You and Your Association Need.” and authored the “Future of Certification” chapter in the Institute of Credentialing Excellence (ICE) Certification Handbook (2nd Ed). Lenora is a recipient of ICE’s prestigious Industry Leadership Award for innovation in the field of professional credentialing.
Jennifer Naughton, MA, SPHR, President, Naughton Consulting
Jennifer Naughton is the President and Founder of Naughton Consulting, a firm that specializes in certification and certificate program strategy and start-up.
Jennifer has 25+ years of experience in the learning, assessment, and certification industries and is passionate about maximizing talent in organizations. She has published over a dozen books and articles including the most recent “5 things you need to know about stackable credentials.” Prior to Naughton Consulting, Jennifer was a senior director at the Association for Training and Development (ATD) where she launched two international certification programs and created a stackable credentialing framework for the training profession. Prior to ATD, Jennifer was an associate at Booz Allen Hamilton and a Research Scientist at HumRRO focused on human capital projects for federal government clients. Jennifer has a Master’s in Education from George Washington University and lives in Arlington, Virginia with her cats Snowshoe, Patrick, and Jack.